Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Five Day Headache

Yeah, as the title suggests, I’m on day five of a headache. It’s not a headache that has left me unable to do work, take care of my family, etc. But it is one that is affecting my sleep, making more than just my head ache (see: achy back, achy hips from lack of sleep, achy knees, stiff neck.)

It hurts to sneeze and cough, feeling as if my brain is slamming against my skull when those things happen.

It’s extremely unpleasant.

Yet, I’m hesitant to call the doctor because, well, it’s a headache. It’s not even really that bad, just really annoying because it’s been going on for so flipping long at this point. I feel sort of silly even considering a trip to the doctor for a headache.

Yet…it hurts. I’m tired and I’m cranky and I want it to stop.

I resorted to caffeine today, something I haven’t had in over two years in hopes of getting rid of the pain.

There’s really no point to this post other than my taking this opportunity to whine. It’s what I do. My poor family has had to hear for days and days and days, so here I am, taking it to the internet.

I’m actually getting kind of tired of hearing myself talk about it. Wah, wah, wah.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Is it maybe the low-carb flu? Did the caffeine help? I hope it feels better soon. :(