Thursday, May 7, 2015

Star Gazing

So…Alyssa and I tried to watch Star Wars last weekend. We tried it on Friday night and we were both tired when we started the movie.

About twenty minute into it, we stopped the movie and went to bed.

She was bored by the whole thing and I was annoyed by C-3PO. I mean seriously, is there a more pompous robot out there? I don’t remember him being so obnoxious the first few times I watched this movie.

I said at one point in the twenty minutes we watched, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen a depressed robot before but here we are, watching a depressed robot shuffle his way across the desert.”

Alyssa was more entertained by my commentary than she was by the action on the screen.

She found Leia’s hair to be ridiculous. She asked, “How can she hear with those things covering her ears?”

Ha!

We’ll likely try it again in the next few weeks. We have to. She has to be able to say she’s watched Star Wars (and The Empire Strikes Back and The Return of the Jedi) but I can’t promise either of us will actually enjoy watching any of them other than the fact that we enjoy being together and making fun of things like this.

So after twenty minutes of Star Wars, I can give a preliminary vote of preference in favor of Star Trek. But I’ll reserve the final vote for after viewing all three of the afore mentioned Star Wars movies. You know, just out of fairness and all.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I read somewhere that the R2D2 guy couldn't stand the CP3O guy. So apparently the actor was just as pompous.

We watched the first one about a month ago. We'll try to fit in the 2nd one soon.

We also did the first of the Indiana Jones movies.